THE SEVEN PRINCIPLES PROGRAM for COuples*
Do you have difficulty communicating and understanding each other? Are you stuck, arguing in circles about the same issues? Or are you in a good relationship and would like to make it even better?
Then, this workshop is for you!
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. That's like waiting six years with cancer before seeking medical care. Please don't wait until your relationship is falling apart to get help.
Good relationships don't just build themselves, and Problems Don't just go away, WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE AND EFFORT.
take action now!
Register now to guarantee your spot! Space in each workshop is limited!
$400 per couple. This fee must be paid in advance in order to register for the workshop. Register and pay online by clicking on any of the following dates listed below.
Remaining 2018 Class Schedule:
- Saturday, November 3, 2018 - purchase here
The "Bringing home baby" class for new and expecting parents is also available for pre-formed groups, such as churches, synagogues, prenatal groups, etc. Learn more here.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS:
The Seven Principles Program will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way.
This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Foster respect, affection and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other's inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
This program is based upon the New York Times best seller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D.
Straightforward in its approach yet profound in its effect, the principles outlined in Dr. Gottman's groundbreaking book teach partners new and startling strategies for making their relationships work.
For over 30 years Dr. Gottman scientifically analyzed the habits of married couples and established a method of correcting the behaviors that put thousands of marriages on the rocks. He helps couples focus on each other and the small day-to-day moments that, strung together, make up the heart and soul of any relationship.
This class is designed to strengthen your marriage or committed relationship. If you already have a strong relationship, this class will provide you with insights and tools to make it even better. If your relationship is distressed, this class will provide a road map for repair.
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. That's like waiting six years with cancer before seeking medical care. Please don't wait until your relationship is falling apart to get help. Be proactive and learn what decades of research teach us about healthy relationships.
Stephanie Cook, LCSW, is an authorized Seven Principles Program Educator who will lead the workshop and teach you what successful couples specifically do to create long-lasting loving relationships, as well as the benefits of a stable, committed relationship.
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR US?*
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
- Married couples
- Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
- Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
- Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Those considering couples therapy but who are not "ready" for weekly therapy yet
- People of all backgrounds, ages, Faiths and sexual orientations
*If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate, and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy.
Atlanta Friends Meeting
701 Howard Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030
Free, parking lot outside of the training facility.
THE PRICE FOR THIS CLASS INCLUDES:
• The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work Book
• The Seven Principles Companion Workbook allows you to privately record answers and journal thoughtfully about the concepts in the book, as they apply to your relationship. It takes users step-by-step through the interactive exercises in each chapter of The Seven Principles Book.
• "Love Map/Open Ended Questions" card deck. This deck is fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another's inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship.
• Engaging presentation and the opportunity for many exercises and conversations with your partner (if you go together).
• Stephanie will be available to give you personal support and guidance as needed.
• Refreshments (coffee) and light breakfast snacks will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. Lunch will be on your own, with many restaurants nearby.
Space in each workshop is limited, so register now to guarantee your spot.Registration ends one week prior to workshop date to give time for all materials to be ordered. You will register and pay here:
If you have any additional questions, please contact Stephanie today at Stephanie@CounselingATL.com for more information.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 - SOLD OUT
- Saturday, November 3, 2018 - purchase here
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What is the cancellation policy?
Your registration fee is non-refundable, but transferable. Once registered, if unforeseen circumstances prevent you from attending the 7 Principles Program Class with Stephanie, you will have the opportunity to register for a different workshop within 12 months of the registration date instead. However, if you cancel within 72 hours or fail to show up for the workshop, there will be a $75 transfer fee applied. All classes are enrolled on a first come, first serve basis.
Who is Stephanie Cook?
The presenter, Stephanie Cook, LCSW, is an experienced relationship counselor who has been intensively trained in all 3 levels of the Gottman Couples Therapy Method, as well as the additional Gottman Method Trainings for Couples regarding Addiction Recovery, Infidelity, Trauma/PTSD, and Domestic Violence. She has also been trained in the PREPARE-ENRICH model of premarital counseling as well as the Discernment Method of counseling couples on the brink of divorce or separation. She lives in Atlanta with her family, including her husband and their son. Stephanie is an authorized Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator and currently provides Gottman-Method couples counseling to couples from all backgrounds in her private counseling practice located in the Poncey-Highlands neighborhood of Atlanta.
Do I have to talk in this class?
Absolutely not! Although Stephanie will ask questions of the audience, and will encourage active participation, this is entirely up to you! If you just want to sit back, learn, and participate in the private exercises with your partner, you are welcome to do so.
Atlanta Friends Meeting, 701 W Howard Avenue, Decatur, GA