I frequently customize, adapt, and create trainings, workshops and presentations on topics that I regularly work on in my private practice, as well as on areas that are normally outside of my area of expertise. Please feel free to contact me at 678-999-3390 if your group or agency would like to invite me to provide a lecture, training, or presentation.
I find that giving presentations on a variety of topics has a positive reciprocal effect benefiting both my audience and my clinical practice. My presentations have been conducted for non-profit organizations, agencies, therapists, students, and various other types of groups. As part of these experiences, I have developed, organized, and performed lectures and trainings including:
TeleTherapy: The New Frontier. Professional Education Lecture for the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work at Hillside Hospital. September 2014.
- Contemporary Ethical Considerations for Mental Health Clinicians Practicing in Georgia. Training for Clinical Staff at Hillside Hospital. April 2014.
- An Introduction to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy in Clinical Practice. Training for Clinical Staff at Positive Impact. September 2013.
- Helping the Helpers: DBT For Us. Lecture for Emory Student Counseling Center and Emory Student Health Staff. August 2013
- Balance in Graduate School. Orientation Lecture for Emory Physician Assistant Students and Their Partners. August 2013.
- Women Treating Men. Lecture for Psychology Interns at Emory University Student Counseling Center. April 2013.
- Motivational Interviewing. Workshop for Emory Faculty Staff Assistance Program Mental Health Clinicians. March 2013.
- Caucasian Clinicians Treating African-American Clients. Lecture for Emory Faculty Staff Assistance Mental Health Clinicians. October 2013.
- Basic Clinical Skills. Lecture for Psychology Practicum Students at Emory University Student Counseling Center. August 2013.
- Termination with Clients. Lecture for Psychology Practicum Students at Emory University Student Counseling Center. October 2013.
- Setting Boundaries with Clients. Lecture for Psychology Practicum Students at Emory University Student Counseling Center. September 2013.
- The Roles We Play: Unhealthy Family Dynamics. Lecture and workshop conducted monthly for the Ridgeview Institute Youth Services Program Family Workshop. June 2010 – July 2011.
- Setting Limits: Removing the Power Struggle With Your Teen. Lecture presented monthly for the Ridgeview Institute Youth Services Program Family Workshop. June 2010 – July 2011.
- Healthy Friendships. Lecture presented for the sixth and seventh grade classes at Daniell Middle School in Marietta, Georgia. November, 2010.
- A Collaborative, Action-Oriented Approach to Research Education Across the Continuum. Poster presented for the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting in Portland, Oregon. October, 2010.
- The Grief Process. Presented monthly lecture at the Ridgeview Institute Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Program. January - May 2010.
- Anger and Resentment. Presented lecture monthly at the Ridgeview Institute Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Program. January - May 2010.
- Healthy Communication for Healthy Relationships. Presented lecture at the Ridgeview Institute Adult Psychiatric Outpatient Program. November 2009.
- Mentoring Children in Foster Care. Presented monthly trainings through Youth Villages. 2007 - 2008.
- Parent Education Classes. Presented series of workshop to local parents through Youth Villages. Spring 2006.